UPS: We Found Tucker Carlson's Missing ShipmentNewser — Newser Editors
Tucker Carlson has been pushing the narrative about alleged corruption involving Joe and Hunter Biden, and he delivered an unusual development on his show Wednesday night.
Carlson told viewers that "damning" evidence about the Bidens disappeared in transit to him, reports Fox News. On Thursday afternoon came an update: UPS said that "after an extensive search, we have found the contents of the package and are arranging for its return," per Business Insider.
Coverage and related news:
- Carlson explains: "On Monday of this week, we received from a source a collection of confidential documents related to the Biden family," Carlson said on his show.
"We believe [they] are authentic, they're real, and they're damning." He said he asked a producer in New York to ship the documents to him in California.
"But the Biden documents never arrived in Los Angeles," Carlson said, per the Daily Beast. "Tuesday morning we received word from the shipping company that our package had been opened and the contents were missing. The documents had disappeared."
- No answers: By Carlson's account, an employee of the shipping company at a sorting office "noticed that our package was open and empty." He said the company "seemed baffled and deeply bothered by this—and so are we."
- UPS confirms: On Thursday morning, a UPS exec confirmed that "the package was reported with missing contents as it moved within our network." Hours later, the company said it had located the contents, but it was still unclear what happened or how the documents were relocated.
Still no word on what's actually in the documents, but Carlson will presumably be able to reveal them now.
- No takers: A Politico analysis suggests the Biden story in general is fizzling, noting that both the Wall Street Journal and Fox News (separate from Carlson's opinion show) have reported finding zero evidence that Joe Biden gained from his son's business dealings.
Rudy Giuliani and Trump allies can't find any "A-list" conservative news outlets to corroborate corruption claims and have resorted to pushing it to sites more on the fringe, writes Tina Nguyen.
"But with bits and pieces of the entire Hunter Biden narrative floating across the conservative mediasphere, few people on the right have been able to explain who, exactly, did what, on behalf of whom," she writes.
- From the right: At the National Review, David Harsanyi is exasperated that bigger outlets aren't covering the story better.
"It is certain—and, boy, am I sick of framing coverage in this way, but what can you do?—that if a credible witness and former business partner of one of Donald Trump Jr.'s companies came forward to offer specific accusations and evidence that the president was profiting off of business dealings his shady son was striking with authoritarians, teams of investigative journalists would be descending on every tangential character as if they were a defunct Chinese bank account."
- Impact: Ted Cruz told Axios this week that the Hunter Biden story won't change a single vote.
- First Results Reported in Election 2020
- Polling Outlier in 2016 Goes With Trump Again
- Florida, Ohio, Arizona Decided. 7 States Have Yet to Be Called
This article originally appeared on Newser: UPS: We Found Tucker Carlson's Missing Shipment